My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Succulent Filet in a Field of Greens
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 beef tenderloin (filet) steaks, cut 1-in. thick
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 3 tsp. minced garlic, divided
+ 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
+ 3 c. assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki or morel)
+ 2 c. red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
+ 2 Tbsp. champagne or white wine vinaigrette
+ salt and pepper
+ 1/2 c. mixed baby salad greens
What to do:
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 tsp. garlic; cook and stir 2-4 min. or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove to medium bowl; cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tsp. garlic and thyme. Press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 10-13 min. for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter.
3. Add tomatoes, salad greens and vinaigrette to mushrooms; toss lightly to coat.
4. Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with salad.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 272; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 67mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 182mg;