My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mojo Beef Kabobs
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 in. thick
+ 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
+ 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
+ 1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
+ 1 container (10 oz.) grape or cherry tomatoes
+ 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
+ 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
+ 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
+ 1 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1 tsp. minced garlic
+ 3/4 tsp. salt
What to do:
1. Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 in. pieces; season with pepper.
3. Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12 in. metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12 in. metal skewers.
4. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered, about 2-4 min. or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, uncovered, about 8-10 min. for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
* This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
* Nutritional information is based on Beef-Kabobs.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Chianti, Cabernet-Merlot, Merlot
Calories: 285; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 500mg;