My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Soufflé Omelet with Balsamic Strawberries
Courtesy of California Strawberry Commission
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. (about 8 oz.) fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
+ 1 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
+ 2 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
+ 2 large eggs, separated
+ 1/4 tsp. vanilla
+ 2 tsp. butter
+ confectioners' sugar, as needed
What to do:
1. In bowl, combine strawberries, mint, vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp. of the granulated sugar; set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk egg yolks with vanilla and remaining 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar for 1 min. or until slightly thickened.
3. In bowl of electric mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. With rubber spatula, fold yolks into whites until no streaks remain.
4. In 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. (To make 2 individual omelets, use 6-inch nonstick skillet.) When butter is sizzling, add egg mixture, spreading it into an even layer with spatula. Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Cook omelet 3 to 4 min. or until golden brown on bottom and barely set on top.
5. Spoon strawberries down center of omelet; with spatula, fold omelet in half over filling. Slide omelet onto plate; dust with confectioners' sugar.
Calories: 200; Total Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 222mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 77mg;