My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend **
+ 1/2 c. brown sugar
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
+ 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. melted butter or applesauce
+ 2 eggs
+ 1/2 c. milk (or milk substitute)
+ 1 c. canned pumpkin
+ 1/2 c. raisins or chocolate chips
What to do:
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan and salt in a bowl.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, milk, and pumpkin.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir in raisins or chocolate chips if desired.
4. Spoon into oil sprayed muffin pan. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
** Brown Rice Flour Blend
* 1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
* 7 Tbsp. potato starch
* 3 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
** For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
* 1/2 c. rice flour
* 1/2 c. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
* 1 Tbsp. potato flour
* Many gluten-free recipes call for a gluten-free flour blend. You may purchase a pre-made blend or mix your own with the Rice Flour, Potato Starch, and Tapioca Flour.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance
Calories: 200; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 166mg; Potassium: 136mg;