My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Hake with Orange and Dill Sauce
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Serve With:Servings: 4
Steamed rice and fresh asparagus spears.
Prep Time: 8 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 6 oz. hake steaks, fresh or defrosted
+ 1-1/4 c. fish or chicken broth
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
+ 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
+ 5 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
+ 2 oranges,peeled and cut into segments
+ fresh dill for garnish
What to do:
1. Poach the hake steaks in the fish stock with the dill and seasoning for 8-10 min.
2. Drain, reserving the poaching liquid and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
3. Mix the cornstarch to a paste with the orange juice and add to the poaching liquid along with the orange segments.
4. Cook, stirring until thickened and hot.
5. Spoon some of the sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh dill. Serve remaining sauce separately.
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio
Calories: 220; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 168mg; Potassium: 925mg;