My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mexican Beef Stew
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 6
Ice Cream & Caramel Sauce
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 lbs. beef for stew, cut into 1-in. pieces
+ 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1 c. beef broth
+ 1 c. prepared thick and chunky salsa
+ 2 medium zucchini, halved, sliced 3/4-in.
+ 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed, drained
+ 1/2 c. frozen corn
+ 2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp. water
+ Toppings: chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, dairy sour cream (optional)
What to do:
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
2. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with garlic powder and salt.
3. Stir in broth and salsa; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hr.
5. Stir in zucchini, beans and corn; continue cooking, covered, 15-20 min. or until beef is fork-tender.
6. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 min. or until thickened.
7. Serve with toppings.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Merlot, Sangiovese, Zinfandel