My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Savory Beef Stew with Roasted Vegetable
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 4
Cheese biscuits with blueberry cobbler for dessert!
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 1/4 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-3/4 to 2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1-in. pieces
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 3 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
+ 2 tsp. dried thyme
+ 1 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
+ 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
+ 3 c. cooked couscous
+ 12 medium mushrooms
+ 6 plum tomatoes, quartered, seeded
+ 3 small onions, quartered
+ 1-1/2 Tbsp. each olive oil and balsamic vinegar
What to do:
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef with garlic in batches; season with salt and pepper. Pour off drippings.
2. Combine beef, broth and thyme in pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hr. or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile heat oven to 425°F. Toss vegetables with 1-1/2 Tbsp. each oil and vinegar; place in lightly oiled jelly roll pan. Roast in 425°F oven 20-25 min. or until tender.
4. Stir cornstarch mixture into stew; simmer and stir 2 min. or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and 2 tsp. vinegar. Serve with couscous.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff