My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Irish Soda Bread
Courtesy of ShoptoCook
Serve With:Servings: 12
A traditional accompaniment to your St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 1 1/4 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 c. flour
+ 1/4 c. sugar
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1 tsp. baking soda
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 2 eggs
+ 1 1/2 c. buttermilk
+ 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
+ 1 c. raisins (optional)
+ 1 Tbsp. caraway seeds (optional)
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In medium bowl whisk eggs; stir in buttermilk and melted butter.
3. Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients; add raisins and seeds. Stir with rubber spatula just until moistened - dough will be sticky.
4. Sprinkle counter tops or cutting board with flour. Turn out dough and knead several times and form a ball.
5. Place dough in prepared pan. With scissors make a big X in middle of dough.
6. Bake 1 hr. and 15 min. until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min. Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely. Makes 1 loaf.