My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Posole-Green Chile Peanut Stew
Courtesy of National Peanut Board
Serve With:Servings: 2
This soup makes a satisfying, full-flavored luncheon or light supper.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) golden hominy
+ 1 can (14.5 to 15.75 oz.) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
+ 1 c. water
+ 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 c.)
+ 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced (2 Tbsp.)
+ 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
+ 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1 tsp. chile powder
+ 1/2 c. dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
+ 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) low-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
What to do:
1. Drain hominy and combine with broth, water, onion, garlic, chiles, cumin and chile powder in large saucepan.
2. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Add peanuts and mushroom soup and stir until evenly mixed.
4. Return to boil and simmer 5 minutes longer.
* Recipe courtesy of the National Peanut Board. For more delicious recipes, please visit
Beaujolais, Merlot, Pinot Noir
Calories: 280; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 2mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 740mg;