My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mexican Mushroom Mixed Grill
Courtesy of Mushroom Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. fresh white or crimini mushrooms
+ 1/4 c. olive oil
+ 2 tsp. minced garlic
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
+ 2 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
+ 2 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
+ 1 large onion, peeled and cut in wedges
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
+ 2 Tbsp. lime juice
What to do:
1. Preheat grill or broiler.
2. Trim mushroom stem ends; cut mushrooms lengthwise in halves. Taking care not to break caps, thread mushrooms lengthwise on skewers.
3. To prepare basting sauce: In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush basting sauce on mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and onion.
4. Arrange skewered mushrooms and vegetables in a single layer on the grill or broiler pan rack. Grill on all sides, brushing with more basting sauce before and after turning; remove each ingredient when browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Dice onions and tomatoes; slice jalapeño peppers; add to bowl. Gently stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Recipe and photos courtesy of the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com
Calories: 179; Total Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 13mg;