My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of National Diabetes Educational Program
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable cooking spray
+ 1/2 medium onion, minced
+ 1 small zucchini, sliced
+ 1 1/2 c. green/red peppers, sliced thin
+ 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
+ 3 whole eggs, beaten
+ 5 egg whites, beaten
+ pepper and garlic salt with herbs, to taste
+ 3 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
+ 1 Tbsp. low-fat Parmesan cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
3. In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
5. Oil or spray a 10" pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Serving size: 1/5 of omelet
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Tempranillo, Sangria, Beaujolais
Calories: 260; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 135mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 240mg; Potassium: 1028mg;