My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 4 Hr. 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 onion, sliced
+ 1 carrot, sliced
+ 1 stalk celery, sliced
+ 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
+ 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
+ 1/3 c. KRAFT Classic CATALINA Dressing
+ 1/4 c. lite soy sauce
+ 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
+ 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
+ 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
+ 1 each green and red pepper, cut into strips
+ 3 c. hot cooked long-grain white rice
What to do:
1. Place onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
2. Mix sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger until blended; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
3. Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours, increasing heat to HIGH for the last 30 min.
4. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Mix reserved juice with cornstarch. Add to slow cooker with the pineapple and peppers; stir. Cook, covered, 30 min. or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.
* Note: This recipe works best when cooked on LOW heat. But if you choose to cook it on HIGH, reduce the initial cooking time to 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
* Special Extra: For easy cleanup, line slow cooker with plastic liner bag before filling with ingredients and cooking as directed.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 390; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 51g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 24g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 640mg;