My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Icing (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Chill Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
For 1 1/2 c. gluten-free flour blend:
+ 1/2 c. rice flour
+ 1/2 c. cornstarch
+ 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
+ 1 Tbsp. potato flour
+ 1 1/2 c. gluten-free flour blend
+ 1 c. granulated sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. baking soda
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
+ 2 small eggs (lightly beaten) OR 6 Tbsp. egg beaters
+ 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 3/4 tsp. vanilla
+ 1/2 c. crushed pineapple
+ 3/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. mashed ripe bananas
+ 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
+ 1/2 c. flaked coconut (optional)
Cream Cheese Icing:
+ 1/2 c. softened butter
+ 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
+ 1-1 lb. box powdered sugar (sifted)
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
What to do:
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Combine then sift into bowl all dry ingredients.
3. Make well in dry ingredients and add eggs (or egg substitute), oil, vanilla, pineapple and bananas. Add pecans and coconut (optional). Blend mixture well, scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
4. Spray 2- 8 inch round cake pans with non-stick spray. Pour batter into cake pans, bake 25-28 minutes (test by inserting toothpick in center of cake). Remove and cool pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
5. Refrigerate cakes 2-3 hours. Cream together icing ingredients then frost cake and top with 1/2 c. chopped pecans and 1/2 c. flaked coconut (optional). (You can wrap unfrosted cakes in plastic wrap and foil and freeze for several weeks. They can be iced with cream cheese frosting. They will remain very moist.)
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance