My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Twice Baked Idaho® Potato with Truffles and Cheddar
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 40 Min.
Chill Time: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 large Idaho® potatoes
+ 2 tsp. olive oil
+ 1/2 c. half and half
+ 1/2 c. sour cream
+ 1-1/2 c. Irish cheddar cheese, shredded
+ 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
+ 1/4 c. scallions, sliced thin
+ 2 Tbsp. black truffle, chopped
+ kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
+ 1/4 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
+ 4 Tbsp. sour cream for garnish
+ 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped for garnish
+ 1 Tbsp. truffle oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub the Idaho® potatoes under cold, running water. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and bake on a sheet tray uncovered in the oven for 1 hr.
2. Let the potatoes cool just long enough to handle. Slice potatoes lengthwise. (It is best not to slice in half but about 3/4 of the way from either side.) Scoop out the flesh of the potato and put it through the medium blade of a food mill.
3. Add half & half, sour cream, 1 c. cheddar cheese, melted butter, chopped truffle and scallions to the potatoes. Gently mix the ingredients together. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
4. Spoon or pipe the potato mixture into empty potato shells. Top the potatoes with the remaining grated cheddar cheese, truffle oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano. At this point, the potatoes can be loosely covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hr.
5. When you are ready to bake the potatoes, heat the oven to 375°F. Bake the potatoes for 35-40 min. or until the top is a nice golden brown. Serve immediately.
* Recipe courtesy of Chef Rick Tramonto, Restaurant
R'evolution, (New Orleans, LA), Tramonto Steak and Seafood, (Wheeling, IL), Osteria di Tramonto, (Wheeling, IL), RT Lounge, (Wheeling, IL), Author,
"Scars of a Chef"