My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Grated Zucchini-Potato Pancake w/ Smoked Salmon & Apricot-Horseradish Sauce
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 large zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
+ 1 small Idaho® baking potato
+ 3 chopped green onions
+ 2 Tbsp. flour
+ 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
+ 1 egg white
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ pinch thyme
+ Nonstick cooking spray
+ 1 Tbsp. margarine
+ 1/2 lb. prepared smoked salmon
Apricot Horseradish Sauce
+ 2/3 c. prepared horseradish sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves
+ 1 Tbsp. dried apricots, minced
What to do:
1. In a medium size bowl, combine the zucchini, potato, green onions, flour, egg, egg white, salt, pepper and thyme.
2. Coat a medium size skillet with cooking spray. Melt the margarine in the skillet over moderate heat. Add the zucchini mixture, shaping it into a cake with a ladle, and cook for about 1 min.
3. Coat uncooked side with spray. Turn the cake over and cook for 1 min.
4. To serve, cut the cake into quarters. Spoon 1 tsp. of the horseradish sauce on each quarter, then top with a generous amount of the smoked salmon.
Apricot Horseradish Sauce:
Mix sauce ingredients well and refrigerate.
* Recipe courtesy of Lou Aron, Chef, Westside Catering, Boise, ID