My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mushroom Pine Nut Pinwheels
Courtesy of Mushroom Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Chill Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and rolled into a 14 x 11-in. rectangle
+ 1 c. pine nuts, lightly toasted
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
+ 1/4 c. white wine
+ 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Drizzle the olive oil in a medium sauté pan and heat the pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are wilted. Then add the white wine and cook until it's almost entirely evaporated.
3. Scoop the mushrooms into a small food processor and add the pine nuts. Pulse just until the mushrooms and nuts are coarsely ground, but not completely smooth.
4. Spread the mixture on the thawed puff pastry leaving a 1-in. border around the edges of the pastry. Sprinkle half of the grated Parmesan on top of the mushroom mixture.
5. Working carefully, beginning at the long end, roll up the puff pastry like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 12 equal portions. Place cut side down onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake pinwheels for about 10-12 min., or until they are lightly golden and baked through. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top of the pinwheels. Allow to cool for about 15 min. Serve.
Recipe and photos courtesy of the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com