My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Sweet Potato Turkey Hash
Courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. dice
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
+ 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
+ 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
+ 1 lb. skinless, cooked turkey breast, cut into 1/2-in. dice
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 4 large eggs
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh chives
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
What to do:
1. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add enough water to cover by 1 in.; bring to a boil and cook 3 to 4 min., until potatoes are just barely tender; drain well and set aside.
2. Heat butter and 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and red pepper and cook until lightly brown, about 4 to 5 min.
3. Add sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring 6 to 7 min., until sweet potatoes are crispy. Add remaining oil and turkey; season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 min.
4. Make 4 holes (3-in. each) in hash and break an egg into each hole. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 4 to 5 min. until eggs are cooked to desired degree of doneness.
5. Sprinkle with chives, parsley and additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
* Recipe Courtesy of Chef Sara Foster of Foster's Market, Durham, NC