Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr. 10 Min.
What you need:
* 6 New York (top loin) pork chops, 3/4-in. thick * 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil * 6 medium potatoes, sliced * 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced * salt, to taste * black pepper, to taste * 1 10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup * 1 8-oz. carton sour cream * 1/2 c. milk * 2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Cook chops, half at a time, in hot oil in large skillet until lightly brown, turning once. 2. Grease 9x13-in. baking dish. Arrange sliced potatoes and onion evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir together cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and milk in medium bowl. Stir in 1 c. of the Cheddar cheese. Spoon soup mixture evenly over potatoes and onion in baking dish. Arrange chops on top. Cover with foil. 3. Place baking dish on baking sheet. Bake about 2 hr. or until potatoes are tender and chops have internal temperature on a thermometer of 150°F. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1 c. Cheddar cheese. Bake about 10 min. more or until cheese melts and internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160°F. Let stand for 10 min. before serving.
* SHORTCUT SUNDAY PORK & POTATOES: Brown chops as above. Meanwhile, cook sliced potatoes and onion in heavy large covered pot in enough boiling water to cover for 5 min. Drain well. Continue as above, except cover and bake until internal temperature of chops is 160°F, about 1 hr. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1 c. Cheddar cheese. Bake about 10 min. more or until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 min. before serving.
* Comfort food at its best. Baked chops top sliced potatoes for this substantial dish. Serve with green beans, apple salad and a tall glass of milk.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com